Today in this article, we will guide you with the step by step process for GST registration. So don’t skip and read the complete article.
Today GST, i.e., Goods & Service Tax, has become mandatory for all the business organizations whose turnover is more than and equal to 40 Lakhs.
What If You Don’t Register For GST?
GST has become mandatory for all business organizations, and avoiding this is an offence under GST, and its result can be heavy penalties. So, don’t delay much now and register for the GST number today.
GST registration is not lengthy. It requires 5-10 minutes only, and after submission of the GST registration form, only 2-6 working days are required for GST number allotment. Read this article till the end, as here we have elaborated all the necessary steps as are necessary for the GST registration.
GST Registration Process Overview
GST number registration is a simple process, and it can be done by following 6 easy steps and these steps are
- Fill GST REG-01 form using PAN card, email id, and phone number
- Verify your PAN number, mobile number, and email ID with OTP
- After mobile number and email id verification, an ARN number/GST application reference number will be sent to your mobile and email id; save/remember ARN number
- Put in the ARN number and attach a necessary document
- Fill automatically generated GST REG-03 form in case additional information is required
- Now, after verification of all the submitted information, a certificate of GST register will be issued to you within 2-6 working days
Document Required For GST Registration
Before we come to the GST registration step, let’s discuss the document required for the GST registration.
Below we have listed all the necessary document that will be required during GST registration, so arrange these Document first
- PAN Card Of The Applicant
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof Of Business Registration/Incorporation Certificate
- Address Proof Of Promoters/Director with Photographs
- Business place address proof
- Cancelled Cheque/Bank Account statement
- Digital Signature
- Letter Of Authorization/Board Resolution For Authority Signatory
Complete GST Registration Steps
Here is the complete step by step process for GST registration, so read it carefully and get your GST registration for free.
GST registration mainly completed by filling PART A & PART B form
- Visit the GST POSTAL
- Click on the “REGISTRATION”, available under the “Service” tab and then click on the “NEW REGISTRATION”
PART A GST Registration Form
- Select “Taxpayer” from the “I AM A” drop-down menu
- Now carefully fill in the required details like Business name, State, email address, mobile number, and PAN card
- Verify all the information enter via OTP sent to your mobile number and then click on “PROCEED”
- After successfully submitting the GST registration PART A form, you will receive TRN (Temporary Reference Number) and be moved to the PART B GST registration form
PART B GST Registration Form
- To start filling PART B GST registration form, log in with TRN
- To login, after filling TRN, enter CAPTCHA code, and OTP sent at your registered mobile number
- After login, you will be redirected to the GST registration PAGE
- Now fill in business information such as your business name, PAN number, State in which you are running your business, and your business’s date of commencement. Here you also need to mention if you have any existing GST number
- Submit up to 10 partners of your business. In the case of a Proprietorship firm, you need to submit the proprietor’s details like designation, DIN (Director Identification Number), PAN, and Aadhar number
- Now next is to provide the details of the person you wants to authorized to file GST returns
- Add a principal business place, address, official contact details, and nature of possession of premises
- Add additional places of the business (if any), details of goods & services supposed to be supplied, and bank account details of the organization
- Upload the required documents based on the nature and type of the business you’re registering for
- After filling in all the information, Click on “Save & Continue”. And now you are required to sign it digitally
- Click on “Submit” to save your filled details
- After submission, you will receive an ARN (Application Reference Number) via email and a registered mobile number to confirm your registration